Role: Business Development Director
Base Office: Singapore
Business Line: Product Operations
Direct Manager: Chief Solutions Officer, Lynx Analytics
Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is to become the world’s leading telecom analytics solution provider while advancing graph analytics technology.
We are headquartered in Singapore and we also have operations in Hong Kong, USA, Hungary, South Africa, Indonesia, and in several other Southeast Asian countries. Our clients include some of Asia’s largest telecommunication companies, and we are currently expanding geographically and into other industry verticals. Our teams’ qualifications are global, including Professors, PhDs, MSc’s, and MBAs from Ivy League schools, INSEAD and NUS, as well as experience at other start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, Palantir, SAP, Vodafone, Barclays, GE, Morgan Stanley, to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
Lynx Analytics’ technology is already deployed across the region at various clients and there is significant growth potential for the company, as well as numerous career opportunities as we continue to scale up our operations.
This is a newly created opportunity for a Business Development Director who is experienced in selling solutions centred around data analytics and has the capability to drive our sales efforts within Asia. Over time, you will also assist in growing the Business Development team.
You should be someone with exceptional market intelligence and an existing network that can be leveraged upon to create new business opportunities for Lynx Analytics, as well as possessing the ability to establish trustworthy relationships in order to build upon existing accounts.
Responsible for building and implementing the full end to end sales process, this role will require a background in business development and the ability to understand technical processes supporting data analytics projects. You should be tenacious in your approach and able to make a distinct and compelling pitch of the company’s value proposition that will differentiate us from the competition.
This role will primarily support our business growth in the region, but may also require you to assist with our sales efforts within other territories, depending upon business requirements.
● Designing and managing the full end-to-end sales process within Asia, including:
● Developing and expanding upon existing client relationships to maximise business development opportunities
● Working closely with the product and technical team to understand the full remit of the company’s offerings and capabilities, with the ability to translate these to the client
● Being instrumental in developing the pitch and Lynx Analytics value proposition
● Supporting business growth across the region and providing additional support to sales activities other global locations, as required
● As required over time, growing and managing the business development team to support the sales function within the region
● Participate in industry and networking events to support the promotion of the Lynx Analytics brand.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Degree qualified, preferably in a business discipline
● Experience in a business-to-business sales or business development role, ideally in the financial services or telecommunications sectors
● Knowledge of predictive analytics and Big Data positions
● Experience in building the sales function from the “ground up”, preferably with a rapid-growth environment
● The ability to generate a strong pipeline of prospects and to close sales
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise with manage multiple stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation (including the ability to present to C-suite executives)
● Outstanding presentation skills
● Strong negotiation and influencing abilities
● Highly organised and disciplined with the ability to work autonomously and be self-managing
● High level of initiative and proactivity with an energetic and enthusiastic approach
● Willingness to undertake travel as required (approximately 30-50%, within the region)
● Additional language abilities are appropriate to the region would advantageous but are not essential.