Base Office: Europe
Classification: Permanent, full-time
Direct Manager: CTO (Chief Technical Officer)
Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is to become the world’s leading telecom analytics solution provider, whilst advancing graph analytics technology.
We are headquartered in Singapore, with operations in Hong Kong, USA, Hungary, South Africa, Indonesia and several other Southeast Asian countries. Our clients include some of Asia’s largest telecommunication companies, and we are currently expanding geographically and into other industry verticals. Our teams’ qualifications include outstanding academic backgrounds from leading global institutions, coupled with experience across a range of start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, SAP, Vodafone, Barclays, GE, Morgan Stanley, Palantir, to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
Lynx Analytics’ technology is already deployed across the region at various clients and there is significant growth potential for the company, as well as numerous career opportunities as we continue to scale up our operations.
Reporting to the CTO, this role in an integral part of the engineering team. We are looking for a Data Engineer to work on automating and productizing advanced big data transformation and analytics pipelines. You would be working with standard big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc) as well as our proprietary big graph analysis framework. The ideal candidate would be someone with onsite B2B experience while dealing with enterprise technology deployment. He/she should be able to liaise with internal technology teams and work in a multi-stakeholder
● Strong programming skills
● Solid knowledge of Python and Java (or better yet, Scala)
● Good understanding of the Linux OS including basic sysadmin and shell scripting abilities
● Expertise SQL
● Experience in project delivery in a B2B setting
● Good problem-solving skills
● Fluency in English
● Willingness to travel – Up to 50% travel across the region will be required.
This role will require a strong background in programming and good understanding of various Big Data Technologies.
● Experience in Big Data
● Experience in data science or analytics
● Industry experience in working for a big enterprise (like our clients)
What we offer:
● Opportunity to work on creating innovative, bleeding edge data science pipelines using our state of the art, in-house built big graph tool
● Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be building upon
● Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy League professors, INSEAD alumni business people and telco industry experts
● Startup atmosphere
● Competitive salary
● Stock options for employees
● Opportunity to travel (South East Asia, US, Europe, …)
● Flexible working hours, family-friendly workplace