Job Description – Senior / Data Scientist
Base Office: Singapore
Classification: Permanent, full-time
Direct Manager: CIO (Chief Innovation Officer)
Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is to become the world’s leading telecom analytics solution provider, whilst advancing graph analytics technology.
We are headquartered in Singapore, with operations in Hong Kong, USA, Hungary, South Africa, Indonesia and several other Southeast Asian countries. Our clients include some of Asia’s largest telecommunication companies, and we are currently expanding geographically and into other industry verticals. Our teams’ qualifications include outstanding academic backgrounds from leading global institutions, coupled with experience across a range of start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, SAP, Vodafone, Barclays, GE, Morgan Stanley, Palantir, to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
Lynx Analytics’ technology is already deployed across the region at various clients and there is significant growth potential for the company, as well as numerous career opportunities as we continue to scale up our operations.
Reporting to the CIO, this role in an integral part of the Data Science team. We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to work on and lead complex data analysis projects using standard modelling and data transformation approaches as well as Lynx’s proprietary graph analysis system. You should be comfortable working with very large data sets residing in different data stores in disparate formats. The role requires the candidate to be strong with hands-on implementation as well have the potential to move fast onto a high growth career trajectory.
● Industry experience in data mining and/or data science
● University degree in a technical field (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering)
● Strong probability theory and statistics knowledge
● Knowledge of some statistical tools.
● Ability to write programs in some programming language (e.g. R/Python) – software engineer skills to design and implement complex software systems is NOT needed, but the candidate is expected to be able to write simple code to prototype and test analytical ideas
● Knowledge of RDBMS systems (Oracle, Teradata, MySQL etc.)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Some leadership experiences
● Willingness to travel – Up to 50% travel across the region will be required
● Experience in Big Data
● Experience in data science or analytics
What we offer:
● Opportunity to work on creating innovative, bleeding edge data science pipelines using
our state of the art, in-house built big graph tool
● Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be building upon
● Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy League
professors, INSEAD alumni business people and telco industry experts.
● Startup atmosphere
● Competitive salary
● Stock options for employees
● Opportunity to travel (South East Asia, US, Europe, …)
● Flexible working hours, family-friendly workplace